As a young girl I always thought that life would be just as simple and nice as the thoughts in my head, little did I know I needed to be prepared for its falls, heartaches and migraines. However, the older I get the more I appreciate my past and the many lessons I have learnt. You see, I grew up in the church was baptized when I was nine years old, it was wonderful all I knew was church life and it was so awesome. I knew no wrong more than the occasional white lie, and dance or boyfriend and the bling of the world did not phase me. Then my body started to change, I started to find boys/men to be attractive, listening to friends describe all the fun they were having dating and going out was the freedom I longed for, there was also the need to look as sexy as I possible could, and to flaunt what the God Lord gave me. But, I was so naive, that all along that I was flaunting and playing like I was "big" deep down I knew nothing about that world.

One thing lead to another and before I knew it, my appetite for the things of the Lord started to decrease, but somethings I can't and will never do because no matter how far out in the deep end I think I am, God keeps on reminding me that I am His own. He choose to show up at the weirdest times with a word either directly or indirectly to keep me in line.

I have been through so much that I think I need to get off my chest to say to someone that you are not alone and you are not the worst. I have been without so much stuff at a critical point when I though I needed it the most that my anger made me to believe that God forgot me, now looking back I can see how He was taking His time to mold me to be the woman I am today. Today I had so much food to eat that it lead me to stop and reflect on a point in my life where I thought that hunger would kill me, to a time where I bore so much pain from just smelling other's food. Even write now I have to pause and say thank you Jesus holding, carrying and shaping me to be woman I am today. Even when I malice you, You still saw it fit to still lead me and grant me just enough favor to achieve be at the place where I am today.
Thank You Jesus.

Ramblings Of A Church Girl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Give Up